Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Arizona Weather

Pictures at the office!


Most of the year I am in a state of perpetual homesickness! I miss my family, my perennial flowers and my garden, the changing of the leaves in the fall, the daffodils and crocuses in the spring, not to mention the smell of the wild honeysuckle and the lilacs' blooming.
After a short trip home to Illinois a couple weeks ago, I am reminded why I do love Arizona in the winter! While most of the country is scraping ice off the windows, slipping & sliding on the roads, trying to keep water lines from freezing up, and generally just trying to stay warm....I am searching for short sleeve shirts because it is 80 degrees!
I am sheepishly sharing this because believe me I feel very bad for those of you who are suffering through terrible winter weather. Only sheepish for a bit; then I grin again and remember why it is all worth it....Arizona in the winter!
I wore shorts all weekend! Started out with a jacket on, but quickly peeled it off when I took Abby to the dog park. The sun was shining, glistening off the green of the trees and the bright pink of the bougainvillea! Just breathtaking! It makes my mood lighter and brighter....the brightness of the sun brightens up my spirits!

I think I should share a little more because I can just hear it now; the "Bite Me's", or "Geez, rub it in!" I'm getting from posting this! The writing prompt on the Chicks on Writ group for this week was weather. That's the reason why I, once again, shared a post about weather!
I have to add I do Love the snow too! It seems like it makes things so peaceful, so calm...when the snow is falling and you're inside with a cup of hot tea or chocolate and a good book! I do remember how I loved snow days; those days when you got to stay home from school or work because it was just too bad to drive. I love to sled, ice skate, build snowmen; well I do love the winter too....and I miss it!
So no matter what season you are in, what type of weather you are having, I think the little notecards I have (and shared with some of you) are very fitting:
"Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God."


2 comments:

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

What a gorgeous color! Such a pretty picture. You've actually made me just a bit envious of your AZ Winter with this post!

Holli said...

I hate winter so I'm loving your AZ pics posts! Makes me really really miss CA and also makes me think I could be happy in AZ too.... lol