Thursday, February 4, 2010

Quotes from Lisa Wingate

I am reading a really good book called "The Summer Kitchen" by Lisa Wingate!  From the back of the book:  "In this moving story of second chances, an unlikely pair of friends will realize the ability of one person to make a difference--and the power of what becomes known as the Summer Kitchen to nourish the soul."
When I did a search for other books by Lisa Wingate, I find that I want to add them all to my 'Wish List'!  I clicked on author information in GoodReads and found her web site.  I enjoyed it so much, I wanted to share some of my 'finds' with you.  
Check out her website by clicking on the title above.  I can't comment on the rest of her books, but I can say "The Summer Kitchen" may be my first book by Lisa Wingate, but it won't be the last!  
"Happiness is not in getting what you want, but in learning to want what you get.  Don't waste your time crying over what you're not given.  When you have tears in  your eyes, you can't see all the beautiful things around you."   -Grandma rose


Be patient.  Everything doesn't have to work itself out today." -Grandma Rose


Sometimes we must try to view the actions of those around us with forgiveness.  We must realize that they are going on the only road they can see..."  -Grandma Rose


"The light comes from the inside out, and so does the darkness.  We choose the things that fill us.  It is as simple as that, but it makes all the difference."  -Julia Costell

"Live in a way that every moment matters.  Capture every thought, every scent, every note of music, every glint of sunlight on water, every chance to help another human soul."  -Grandma Rose


"The things that glitter the most in life aren't the things that last.  Oh, that glitter lights your path for a while...but if you're not careful, you'll find you've let the real things pass you by in the meanwhile.  Sometimes your chances don't come along but once."   -Mrs. Hawthorne


"You will find that the only thing that will really matter in your life is the LOVE you have for other people and the LOVE they have for you.  Money, career, anything else in life is useless without love."  -Grandma Rose


1 comment:

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

I don't know if I've shared quotes from what I'm reading before on my blog and your doing so here has inspired me!