
As if I don't have enough books on my to be read list already, I am going to share a list of books which are part of a series that I would like to complete. There are also a few which are some of my favorites that I would just like to read again!
Ken Follett's books:
"Pillars of the Earth" is on my list to re-read so that I can read his next book "World Without End".
Blossom Street books by Debbie Macomber:
#1 "The Shop on Blossom Street", #2 "A Good Yarn" #3 Susannah's Garden, #4 "Twenty Wishes" (which I just read and loved!), and #5 "Back on Blossom Street".
Jean M. Auel's Earth's Children books:
#1 "The Clan of the Cave Bear", #2 "The Valley of Horses", #3 "The Mammoth Hunters", #4 "The Plains of Passage", #5 "The Shelters of Stone".
Adriana Trigiani's Stone Gap books:
#1 "Big Stone Gap", #2 "Big Cherry Holler", #3 "Milk Glass Moon", #4 "Home to Big Stone Gap".
Nancy E. Turner's Sara Agnes Prine books:
#1 "These is My Words", #2 "Sarah's Quilt", and #3 "The Star Garden".
Jennifer Chiaverini's Elm Creek Quilt books:
#1 "The Quilter's Apprentice", #2 "Round Robin", #3 "The Cross-Country Quilters", #4 "The Runaway Quilt", #5 "The Quilter's Legacy", #6 "The Master Quilter", #7 "The Sugar Camp Quilt", #8 "The Christmas Quilt" #9 "Circle of Quilters" #10 "The Quilter's Homecoming", #11 "The New Year's Quilt", #12 "The Winding Ways Quilt", #13 "The Quilter's Kitchen", #14 "The Lost Quilter" and #15 "A Quilter's Holiday" both published in 2009. #16 "The Aloha Quilt" will be published in April 2010.
I would like to complete this series of books in memory of my Great Aunt Gladys who we just lost this year. When I started reading this series, I shared details of the stories with her and she enjoyed hearing about them because she was a fantastic quilter for most of her life.
Lisa Wingate's Tending Roses series:
#1 "Tending Roses", #2 "Good Hope Road", #3 "The Language of Sycamores", #4 "Drenched in Light", #5 "A Thousand Voices".
Lisa Wingate's Blue Sky Hill series:
#1 "The Summer Kitchen", #2 "A Month of Summer", #3 "Beyond Summer".
I recently read "The Summer Kitchen" and enjoyed it so much, now I want to read the rest!
Some others that I would like to re-read are:
"The Thorn Birds" by Colleen McCullough, "Mistral's Daughter" by Judith Krantz, "Lonesome Dove" by Larry McMurty, "Savannah Blues" by Mary Kay Andrews (just because it was such a fun read!), "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd, and last but certainly not least "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott.






2 comments:
I love the Elm Creek Quilt series! There are a couple here & there I didn't care for but for the most part I love the books! Jennifer is a wonderful lady!
Jo, I knew that you loved these books! Have you read all of them? I read the first two and then listened to a couple others on tape, but haven't read them all!
Post a Comment