Another season is upon us once again. I also feel like I have entered into another 'season' of my life! Time goes by so fast. I can remember when I was in my twenties, older people would tell me how fast time goes by and I would think "Yea right", as I was jostling work, home, child care and all of the other challenges that come with being a mother to small children. Here I am 46 years old for a few more days, and I finally realize what they were talking about. I also believe this is the exact feeling my mother has when she looks in the mirror at her 88 year old face! What happened? Where did the years go?
Looking back now, I try to remember the different crossroads I have had in my life and the decisions I made that with one tiny little adjustment would have made my life turn out completely different. I can't say that I would change a thing. The only thing I can say is that I would appreciate things more and take more time for the things that were 'real'! I would be more patient and I would pay closer attention to the stories and memories people shared with me.
What does the next twenty years hold for me? I don't know the answer but I only hope that in twenty years I will be able to say once again, I wouldn't change a thing!


or if the days and nights by which we count time
remember their own passing.
I do not know if the oak tree remembers
I do not know if the oak tree remembers
its planting or if the pine remembers
its slow climb toward sun and stars.
I do not know if the squirrel remembers
I do not know if the squirrel remembers
last fall's gathering or if the
bluejay remembers the meaning of snow.
I do not know if the air remembers
bluejay remembers the meaning of snow.
I do not know if the air remembers
September or if the night remembers the moon.
I do not know if the earth remembers
I do not know if the earth remembers
the flowers from last spring or if
the evergreen remembers that it shall stay so.
Perhaps that is the reason for our births --
the evergreen remembers that it shall stay so.
Perhaps that is the reason for our births --
to be the memory for creation.
Perhaps salvation is something very different
Perhaps salvation is something very different
than anyone ever expected.
Perhaps this will be the only question
Perhaps this will be the only question
we will have to answer:
"What can you tell me about September?"
~ Burton D. Carley ~
"What can you tell me about September?"
~ Burton D. Carley ~






2 comments:
Absolutely gorgeous fall pictures! The leaves were already beginning to change in Ohio when I was back there this week. Very pretty!
I loved this post and I have to agree with sometimes wondering where the years have gone in my life and I'm also looking forward to the years ahead. Time does pass much faster now at 35 than it did at 25.
I do take the time to appreciate the beauty around me, in my environment and in people, and I cherish the time I spend with my friends and family now. I know where you're comin' from Cindy!
:)
Your photo's are so pretty! I see why you miss home so much! Glad to see and read you here.
Post a Comment