Some of what we love
we stumble upon —
a purse of gold thrown on the road,
a poem, a friend, a great song.
And more
discloses itself to us —
a well among green hazels,
a nut thicket —
when we are worn out searching
for something quite different.
And more
comes to us, carried
as carefully
as a bright cup of water,
as new bread.
~ Moya Cannon ~
(The Parchment Boat)
I'm so glad that I have 'stumbled upon' my Chick friends! Hope you enjoy this poem.
Today is Thursday, one more day until Friday then the big holiday weekend.
I was really tired this morning and didn't get up until 7:30 again. Could it be that I've been staying up too late reading? Hmmm, maybe! So I didn't have time to write anything for my blog this morning. Trying to keep up with it every day. So far I've made it three days in a row!
Have a great evening and keep smiling!
It is still Thursday here in Arizona, it is 10 pm. Why, oh why do I not get hungry in the evenings until 9:30 or 10 at night? I would really love to 'stumble upon' a mushroom burger from McDonald's! OMG have you tried them?? They are so good! McDonald's is just around the corner from my house, but I have been trying to catch up on reading all of your blogs; Lori is on a health kick, someone else has lost 10 pounds, someone else just bought a new bicycle! Ahhh, I don't need that mushroom burger, I need to take Abby for another walk!
Sleep tight all of you healthy people!!






2 comments:
I loved this, what a great poem!!
Cindy I'm so glad to know you are doing the 30 Days with us!! I loved reading the posts on your blog. Please don't be afraid to post things - you know people who go to you site care about you and will always cheer you on. I'm loving the various poems and insights you have here! xo-t
Post a Comment