Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September already!


It is hard to believe it is September already, where did this year go? Seems like the years keep flying by faster and faster. When I look in the mirror sometimes I think, "Wow what happened to that 21 year old and why is this (middle-aged) woman looking back at me!" I have trouble with that word, middle-aged. Not young, not old...just middle! Like middle of the road, in the middle of a book, in the middle of a fight! I hate to be in the middle of things, but in this case I suppose it is better than being at the end!

I took Abby for a walk last night around the park. There was lightning flashing in the sky and it was so pretty. Thankfully we made it back to the house before the rain hit. I am sure my car is a mess this morning. In Arizona, it seems there is never a 'clean' rain. Sometimes it's like raining mud! I had every intention of washing my car yesterday, so glad I didn't!

I went to the library on my lunch hour yesterday and was very excited to find the book: "A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from my Kitchen Table" by Molly Wizenburg. I read a little of it when I got back to work. I keep telling myself; "No more books till you read some on your bookshelf!" It never works, just can't resist checking out more books! Among the ones I checked out is: "My Best Friend's Girl" by Dorothy Koomson. I started it last night before I went to sleep. It is about two best friends who are estranged & one asks the other to adopt her five year old daughter. Of course, I'm gripped and just want to spend the day reading! That means I have officially got two books going at once! This never works for me, I always wind up being more interested in one than the other and then I have a hard time getting back into the first one. Like I can't do two things at once!

This morning I have a Dr's appt at 10 for an ultra-sound. I hope they can figure out what is going on and fix it. Don't have a lot of faith in Doctor's anymore though. Sometimes I think I should go to a 'healer', but I'm not sure where to find one of those either!

It is only Tuesday...working on reaching Friday and the holiday weekend! The US National's are this weekend so you know what our house is going to sound like Sat-Sun-Mon; the Vroom Vroom of cars! I will have to find myself a quiet spot. Maybe I could go to the big downtown library, then I'd come home with even more books to read!

I am officially addicted to books, but in the family of 'addictions', it is the best kind to have!

Thanks to Teri at Quinceberry for the 30 days of creativity challenge! I'm hoping that this, my ponderings for today, will qualify for the challenge. I don't have time to drag out my crafty stuff; my card-making, scrapbook page making, sewing....supplies. I'm going with my thoughts for today!

I'm always afraid to post what I'm thinking to this blog. Call it paranoid or whatever, but I have a hard time sharing thoughts! Hopefully, this challenge will end my hesitation!

Hope you all have a great week! Keep smiling!

2 comments:

Holli said...

I for one love reading your thoughts and your posts so I hope you continue!!

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Love your pretty picture of the girl on the moon~ you have a lovely way of writing~ Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog..Melissa