
I love poetry! I just checked out a book from the library named "Good Poems" by Garrison Keillor. He is the host and writer of the public radio programs A Prairie Home Companion and The Writer's Almanac and author of nine books. His selection of 294 poems were chosen for their wit, their simplicity, their passion, and their utter clarity. The poem I have chosen to share was written by Philip Appleman and is titled, "O Karma, Dharma, pudding and pie". I hope it makes you smile!
O Karma, Dharma, pudding and pie,
gimme a break before I die:
grant me wisdom, will, & wit,
purity, probity, pluck, & grit.
Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, kind,
gimme great abs & a steel-trap mind,
and forgive, Ye Gods, some humble advice--
these little blessings would suffice
to beget an earthly paradise:
make the bad people good--
and the good people nice;
and before our world goes over the brink,
teach the believers how to think.






2 comments:
Hi Cindy - thanks for stopping by my blog - loved the poem you picked to share!! I hope you have a wonderful week!...Donna
this is a beautiful poem... and I love that photograph.... ;)
cielo
Post a Comment