I have to tell you about my puppy, Abigail Bloom! She is a little pekinese that I got the first of April. Growing up on a farm, we always had animals; dogs, cats, chickens, cows, raised a baby bunny and a couple orphaned baby deers. I just love all animals. One of my nicknames is Eli May for Eli May Clampett on the Beverly Hillbillies!
The last dog we had was a dachsund. I went to buy a dachsund puppy for my mother for Christmas one year and there were only two left; so of course, I came home with both of them. His name was Nicholas and he was a sweetheart! Well, poor little Nicholas, I had to put to sleep (don't want to depress you with the whole story)! So I haven't had a dog since and that was about 7 years ago; the longest I have went in my life without a dog!
So of course, Abigail stole my heart from the very first time I saw her when she was only like 3 days old. There were four other puppies in the litter but for some reason, I just knew she was the one I wanted. She has a little white mark (angel kiss!) on her forehead.

When I first brought her home, my husband was a little upset. He said I should have discussed it with him, she would be around for a lot of years, even though I had been telling him for a month that I was going to 'adopt' her! Sometimes, there is just no discussion necessary, maybe you know what I mean! So guess who is the biggest sucker for Abby? Yip, my husband!
Here he is; can't you tell he is crazy about her?
How could anyone resist this little precious puppy??
When I first brought her home, she was only 5 weeks old and I would hand feed her. This is almost embarrasing to say, but now at 9 months old she will not eat food out of her bowl by herself. I still have to hand feed her, is that awful or what? Jeff says it is because her face is so smooshed up, she doesn't want to get it dirty! So my poor little Abby has an eating disorder, or maybe it's not her, but me with the problem! Just like Caesar (the dog whisperer) says and he is probably right!
She has now developed this 'thing' about doors. When you open the door for her, she acts like she is going to attack it! She barks her little head off at the door; only when you open it; weird! When I take her for a walk, she puts the leash in her mouth and pulls me out the door like she's walking me instead of the other way around! It's so cute.
When I got home from work this evening, I fed her and then she was barking at me. She usually only barks at me if she wants something. I had left her leash on the counter and she was looking at her leash, looking at me and barking like she was saying, "OK Mom, it's time for our walk!"
Abby in her new little t-shirt!
Abby in her shirt with clippies in her hair!
Yes, I am officially a nut, a geek, a silly billy for this puppy! I hope you have enjoyed meeting her. There will probably be more stories to come of our life with Abigail Bloom!
1 comment:
She is so adorable!!!
Post a Comment