Monday, November 17, 2008

Blue Monday!

I just found the neatest blog! Smiling Sally posts about something blue every Monday. It can be pretty, funny, ugly, old, or new as long as it's blue. You decide if you want to skip a week and play the next week, or if you want to play every week. Click on the title of this blog above (Blue Monday) and you will be linked to her site and be able to share in the fun too!
The item that I am sharing is an antique pie plate from my mother-in-law. It belonged to her grandmother, and she remembers her making pies in it. It was such a special treat for her to eat pies at her grandma's house out of this little pie plate. My mother-in-law has been taking treatments for cancer for over a year now and recently had emergency surgery. She is back home following a short recuperation in the nursing home. She is doing amazingly well and would be tickled to know that I am sharing her story of the little blue pie plate with all of you!

23 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I'm so glad that you're sharing that beautiful pie plate and that your MIL will get pleasure from it. Just imagine all of the wonderful yummy treats that dish has "known." Happy Blue Monday!

ellen b. said...

What a wonderful keepsake filled with such good memories. Prayers for your mil to continue doing well...

Envoy-ette said...

How wonderful you have it now! Happy Blue Monday!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a precious piece. I've never seen a pie plate like that. I'm so glad you shared a bit of your MIL with us and I wish her good health. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

My mom used to bake Lemon Merange Pies. I think that blue plate looks familiar. Happy Blue Monday.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh what a treasure you have there.Tell your mother in law I will be praying for her. I know about those cancer treatments and they are rough .

Coloradolady said...

That is a great pie plate. Loved it. It is so charming. Happy Blue Monday.

Sweetie said...

Hi Cindy, Your antique pie plate is very nice and so special. I hope that your mil continues to do well. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie

Anonymous said...

Hi and what a sweet pie pan and a sweet story to go along with it! I'm so glad she's recovery and tell her I certainly loved hearing her little story.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Baba said...

Hi Cindy,thanks for sharing this great pie plate with us.Many delicious pies were baked and eaten from this plate!!!Wishing your MIL a good recovery...hugs, Baba

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories this pie plate represents. Thank you for the nice comments you made on my blog. I've enjoyed my visit here.
Charlotte

Knitty said...

What nice memories! Good thoughts and prayers for your MIL.

Grandma Faith said...

Thanks for sharing the pie plate and its sotry with us today. It's quite a unique pie plate.

Grandma Faith said...

Please forgive me for typing story incorrectly...dudh

Jeanne said...

Hi Cindy, I do love that pie plate. It is a treasure in blue. Is it enameled? I hope your Mother-in-law is improving. I will remember her in my prayers.

I hope you had fun with Blue Monday. Thank you for your visit and sweet comment on my post today.

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

A big hug to your mother-in-law from me! I loved reading about her little blue pie plate, and the memories it holds for her! Thanks for sharing it with us, and I'm so happy your mother-in-law is feeling so much better now! And thank you for visiting my rocking chair... Donna

Susan Hickam said...

Love that blue pie plate! I have never seen one like it. Glad you could stop by earlier! Have a wonderfilled week.

Carrie said...

It's wonderful that the dish has been preserved and that you now have this heirloom item.

Neabear said...

I love your blue plate. I hope your mom is doing okay. Thanks for visiting my post. Happy Blue Monday!

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
YOur plate is lovely...such a beautiful shade of blue and what a special story to go with it. You must be honoured to have lovely plate. I'm glad your mother-in-law is doing better. I wish all the best for her.
Thank you for visiting my blog. I guess you would miss the snow for a while...
have a nice evening
Jud
come back and visit again...I'm coming back too. :o)

Mojo said...

You can tell that guy has put some tasty lovin' on the table over the years. How often does something like this last long enough to actually have a history? Not often at all I think.

CIELO said...

Hi Cindy! Beautiful plate! and thanks for visiting the house in the roses.... so nice meeting you! May our Heavenly Father bless you and yours...

Hugs

cielo

Anonymous said...

What a nice plate, and what treasured memories!