One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach; one can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few. -Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach. -Michelle Held
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore. -Andre Gide
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship. - Louisa May Alcott
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm is terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore. - Vincent van Gogh
The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach - waiting for a gift from the sea. - Anne Morrow Lindbergh
I could never stay long enough on the shore, the tang of the untainted, fresh and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought. - Helen Keller
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
That day Jesus went out of the house and was sitting by the sea. And large crowds gathered to Him, so He got into a boat and sat down, and the whole crowd was standing on the beach. And He spoke many things to them... - Matthew 13:1-2
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
and a favorite little poem of mine by ee cummings:







3 comments:
How I do love the ocean! And I agree with Anne Morrow Lindbergh about shells, however, I am a compulsive shell collector, lol! Let me know what you think of Wildwater Walking Club - it's on my tbr list.
Sounds like what I hear from my friends and family in CA.... closures and mudslides and torrential rain and hail and yards of SNOW. Wow! You guys are getting hammered out there!!
Gosh the weather sounds bad there. I hope it gets better for you. I love the poem and all the quotes you added. And I love the layout of your blog.
Post a Comment