Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hello 2010!!

I haven't been very good with my blog so far in 2010! It has been a rough beginning, our youngest son and family returned to Illinois on the 3rd. The cold/flu swept through the entire family (except Jeff of course!) and I had to wait until the Monday when it was time to go back to work to get sick myself.  What started out as a bad cold ended up as the stomach flu also and then I have this weird ache in my ear and the whole side of my face.  Broke down and went to the Dr who said I have a sinus infection and gave me some high dose antibiotics.  Here's hoping they do their trick-quickly!  I guess I've never had a sinus infection before and I've never had an earache before.  I can certainly sympathize with those of you who do!  Our youngest son spent his childhood with ear infection after ear infection, and now I understand what he went through...and my ear wasn't even infected, it just hurt.  While getting the prescription filled, I also bought some high powered vitamins!  Something's gotta give!  I think my biggest goal for 2010 is to get healthy; sometimes we just don't have any control over it though.

When I got home, our daughter was doing Yoga!  I got her a couple Yoga tapes for Christmas (knowing that I could use them too)-pretty sneaky huh?  haha  She also bought herself some Pilate stuff and is now a convert...she says that she felt so much better all day after doing Yoga!!  Jo and I have made an informal pact to try and practice Yoga this year.  It really helps keep the idea in the forefront of my mind just knowing someone else is thinking about the same thing!  I think she has a jump start on me though because she's also been walking on her treadmill.  Well I am telling the blog world...I promise my friend...as soon as I feel better I am going to sit my fat butt down on the Yoga mat and try out the tape!!  

I will end this post with a poem that I really love.  Once again, it is from Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman...each of us is limitless.... What a great line!  We all have the strength to make any changes we feel necessary in our lives!  And I will add to my blogger friends, you are each so special to me!!   
Each of us inevitable,
Each of us limitless --
Each of us with his or her
right upon the earth,
Each of us allow'd
the eternal purports
of the earth,
Each of us here
as divinely as any is here.

~ Walt Whitman ~
(Leaves of Grass)

3 comments:

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

I believe your promise and don't you worry about Yoga right now! You get to feeling better and we'll chat about what we're going to do and so on! Rest and take care of You for the time being! :-)

Brandie said...

one of my goals for 2010 is to get healthy too. i say that every year, though...LOL. i truly want to this time!!

i hope you feel better!!

Holli said...

I hope you are feeling better Cindy!