Friday, November 27, 2009

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  

We had our first deep fried turkey yesterday.  It was fantastic!  One of Jeff's friends was deep frying turkeys and he wanted to take my turkey over there.  I told him "Heck no, don't touch my turkey, it's going in the oven!"  So he went to the store and bought another turkey!  Jeff and Casey took the (second) turkey over to be deep fried, brought it back at about 1.  We all dug into the turkey...it was so good!  Very moist and the skin was crispy...just yummy!  We got out a package of Hawaiian rolls and ate about half the turkey very quickly.  Jeff said we looked like a bunch of wolves devouring that turkey!
Guess what happened next?  The football game was on and they both parked it in the living room and went to sleep.  The only noise I could hear was the game and the snoring! 
Here's the evidence!  


We weren't having the 'traditional' Thanksgiving dinner until evening because Lo had to work until 6.  So while the guys were sleeping, I was messing around on the computer, reading, and playing with my little Abby but she didn't even want to play long!  Here is Abigail....playing and sleeping!  




By the time evening came and I needed to start cooking again...I was ready for a nap.  But I cooked and I cooked some more.  We had dressing, mashed potatoes, noodles, green beans, sweet potato casserole, cinnamon rolls and regular rolls, and the famous pumpkin pie.  

We all shared some things we were thankful for this year and I think the fact that we were all together and able to enjoy a fine meal was on the top of our lists! 

 I was going to take pictures of our dinner to share with you, but the camera battery went dead!

4 comments:

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

SO glad you had a wonderful day yesterday! All the food sounds delish! We didn't snooze after eating but we (Vic, Mom & I) were close to it. Abby is such a little cutie!

Holli said...

Deep fried turkey tastes SO good! Abbie looks like she had a great day too... ;) I'm happy your day went well Cindy.

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds great..did you mention Cinnamon rolls? love those.. :)
Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. ~
Melissa

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's just the type of vegetating one should do on this weekend! Before the Christmas rush begins...