Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"Even when we're apart, we'll still be looking at the same sky."

I love crosses and have a small collection.  This is my favorite. We got it on a trip to Sedona; my son picked it out. Though you can't tell very well in this photo, the stones on it are a purple color.
My son and family got me this for my birthday one year.  Isn't it the truth?  We learn the ropes of life by untying the knots!  It seems no matter how hard I try to impart my hard-earned wisdom on our kids, it never sinks in.  Guess they just have to untie their own knots!
And here is my wall of crosses with a few other things thrown in!  The silver one on the top left is actually made to look like a saguaro cactus which is neat.  
So there is another small peek into our home.  I call it a home, but in actuality home to me is still in Illinois.  I'm not sure how many years we will have to live in Arizona before it actually becomes home to me.   I have a feeling that will never happen.  They say, "Home is where the heart is".  My heart is split right now; part of my loved ones are here with me, but the other ones are in Illinois.  Plus that is where all my memories are, where my daddy is buried, where our children were born, where my mother and youngest son, wife, granddaughter and other family remain.  Yea, I think Illinois will always be home to me!   

I just have to remember:  We're still looking at the same sky...

1 comment:

Holli said...

Gorgeous! I loved this post....