Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Art Journaling and a Poem

Over the weekend, I went through a bunch of old magazines cutting out everything I liked or wanted to keep.  Now I have articles, poems, pictures and other cute stuff all in a pile and was able to get rid of a bunch of magazines which is another step forward in my quest for organization!   I've been looking at art journals and the amount of information on the internet is just overwhelming.  I even checked out a couple books at the library yesterday about art journaling.  We'll see what I come up with!  
Thanks Terri for the idea!   

I really enjoyed the following poem, "look at that towering oak, an acorn still beating at its heart".  What a touching poem for me.  Leave the past behind, don't worry about the future and just enjoy today! 


Where you are going
and the place you stay
come to the same thing.
What you long for
and what you've left behind
are as useless as your name.
Just one time, walk out
into the field and look
at that towering oak --
an acorn still beating at its heart.
 
~ Peter Levitt ~
 (from 100 Butterflies)

No comments: