Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thankful

My week:

1. Tuesday morning on my way to work I received a phone call from my sister informing me they had found mom an apartment in town and were moving her from the farm she has lived on for years; no discussion-no talk-no opinion, I was informed.
2. Tried to find a plane ticket, $1,000.
3. I am in Arizona, my siblings have moved/are moving my mother.
4. I should be thankful they are helping now.
5. They haven't been there for my mother in years.
6. I should be thankful.
7. My mother is better off in town in a nice clean apartment.
8. Do 'things' really matter? I had things in her home; a silly doily hanging on the wall in 'my room' that my great aunt made, pictures that were my friend's who died last year, my dad's old blanket I sleep with everytime I go home, who knows what all?
9. They have moved my mother without me.
10. I should be thankful.

1 comment:

Holli said...

Oh Cindy... I am so sorry! I really am. I know that on one side you are happy that your mom is someplace safer for her but on the other hand that's something I would have wanted to be there for too. I'm thinking of you tonight.... sending happy thoughts your way to cheer you up!