Saturday, August 1, 2009

Movies!

We watched a couple of good movies today!
The Changeling" was directed by Clint Eastwood and starred Angelina Jolie, Gattlin Griffith and Michelle Gunn. This movie was based on the true story of a missing boy, the mother's plight to find him and how the notoriety brought down the corrupt Los Angeles Police Department. It was a good movie but kind of disturbing.
Based on a true story, eleven middle-aged Englishwomen pose nude for their annual Women's Institute calendar as a fund-raiser for the local hospital. The calendar is a big hit in England and the women are eventually flown to America to be interviewed by Jay Leno. The calendar has made almost a million dollars for the local hospital. Parts of the movie were touching and parts were very funny. I really enjoyed it.

PS My straight tequila night didn't happen! But I did drink 4 beers, woohoo! Am I a lightweight anymore or what? And I just noticed that the moon phase states it's 90% full. Hmmm, perhaps it was all in the moon!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I've seen both of those movies and really liked them. "The Changling" is really disturbing, isn't it?

Straight tequila night? I'm much too old for that! I'd be asleep after a couple of shots. I prefer not to think of myself as a lightweight but as a person who has the sense to not want to wake up with a day long hangover!

Mandy Sue said...

I want to see both of these movies and have been trying to get hubby to watch them with me.

A good one to watch is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I really enjoyed that movie but it made me cry uncontrollably.

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

Calendar Girls is a great movie!

Holli said...

I totally felt the same way about The Changeling. Good but disturbing movie.