Monday, February 23, 2009

Spring in the woods!


These are pictures I took in our woods in Illinois in the spring. I am starting my countdown to April when I go home. Spring in the woods... My favorite time of year; my favorite place to be. I am getting so homesick for family, but also for these woods and the peacefulness I find there!

And mushroom hunting!

Searching for the elusive yellow morel mushroom!

The peacefulness in the woods; listening to the birds singing, the squirrels chattering, the creek meandering by...it doesn't get any better than that!

7 comments:

Holli said...

How about we trade houses for a month? You can have these woods here in Ohio and I'll take someplace warm and close to CA. LOL

On a serious note though...I know how you feel Cindy. I really do.

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

For the first time in a very long time I'm ready for Spring.

Lizzi said...

Your woods are gorgeous. A far cry from Arizona! How long do spend back in Illinois?

Cindy said...

I spend only a week, sometimes 2 weeks back in IL in the spring. Not long enough!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I'm ready for spring weather too! We hike in the Smokies when it's warmer and it's so peaceful there.

Melissa @ Life:Merging said...

I miss trees, I don't see many of them here in AZ...and you captured them beautifully! Love your photos!

Sherry Dale Rogers said...

Amen sister.