Friday, February 27, 2009

Bambi on the farm!

Here is one of the baby deers we raised on the farm back in the 90's. She was only 2-3 days old when she was rescued after her mother was killed on the road. Kept her in a box by my bed at first and had to get up every couple of hours to feed her with a bottle! She got big enough that we let her out during the day to run and then brought her in on the back porch at night. She didn't return one day. I like to think she is still in the woods waiting for me!!




6 comments:

shelby said...

I'm sure she is. What a doll baby!

Holli said...

How cute! What a great experience to have :)

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

She's so sweet! There's a white deer near here (aka pi-bald) and she's so cute! She's had a baby. We now know the owner of the farm and hoping to get a chance to take a walk to see if we see her and get a pic or 2.

Lizzi said...

She's so adorable! I'm a sucker for any furry animal...even coyotes!

Thauna said...

What a cool experience to "foster" a baby deer...so cute!

Sherry Dale Rogers said...

What a wonderful experience, I'm sure she comes to visit every once in a while.