from bad to worse. Some years, muscadel
faces down frost; green thrives; the crops don't fail,
sometimes a man aims high, and all goes well.
A people sometimes step back from war;
A people sometimes step back from war;
elect an honest man; decide they care enough,
that they can't leave some stranger poor.
Some men become what they were born for.
Sometimes our best efforts do not go
Sometimes our best efforts do not go
amiss; sometimes we do as we meant to.
The sun will sometimes melt a field of sorrow
that seemed hard frozen: may it happen to you
~ Sheenagh Pugh ~
~ Sheenagh Pugh ~






4 comments:
I love the picture you choose to go with this post...it is beautiful.
Cindy-
Such a beautiful post this morning; just the kind of lift-me-up I needed. Thanks!
Thanks for commenting about the picture. It was taken on our family farm in Illinois; right out the back door. I blew it up and framed it for our sons!
Cindy,
What a beautiful picture. It looks so peaceful there.
Post a Comment